Join Daniela on Mondays, May 15, 22, and June 5th from 4-5:45. $30 per session or $75 for all 3 sessions – plus materials.
If you have never participated in a Mystery Knit-A-Long (MKAL) before, here is your chance! Join us at Compatto (and over 1500 knitters on Ravelry) for a rare mystery knit-along adventure with the popular designer Joji Locatelli. From her own description: In the quest to knit this beautiful wrap (stole), we will have fun unveiling each clue while playing with color and texture.
Even though the point of a Mystery Knit Along is not knowing what you’ll be making, here are some facts about the wrap that will help you decide if you’d like to embark on this project:
- The shape is a true rectangle. This wrap can be worn as a wrap, blanket scarf or even as a blanket.
- Approx. measurements are 26½ x 72” (66 x 180 cm) blocked.
- It has a graphic look, but is still classic.
- You will need yarn in 5 colors and you will use up a lot of your yarn, so you’ll need full skeins.
- The total approx. yardage is 1700 yards (1555 m). It is a BIG wrap.
- There will be 5 weekly clues starting on May 12th, and ending with the reveal of the finished shawl on June 23.
- It is good for Knitters of all levels. There will be TV knitting, and also some more engaged knitting. Fun, fun, fun!
- There is no brioche involved and no short rows either.
- There is a little bit of simple lace, about 10% of the total project.
- There is a lot of garter stitch.
Advance preparation may be required depending on the class topic. Details will be provided one week in advance or upon sign-up. Each weekly class session includes two hours of hands-on instruction, and extra help outside of class if needed and our time allows (it almost always does!). Yarn for classes must come from Compatto Yarn Salon, and we are always happy to help you choose the best yarn for your class or project. If you have questions about this or any other class, please give us a call at 310-453-2130.